Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Curse of Darkness by Steven Gilby - Chapter Five

I thought about what it meant. Even in a time where the outlook is bleak and there is almost no chance of winning or survival, I should never give up and always try to win. At least that's what I thought.

"I shall. I was also looking forward to coming back to your home to teach me a little of your sword technique. That is, if it would be alright with you."

He picked up his cup and took a sip from it and then said that it would be a splendid idea and that Razz should come as well.

"We shall be over tomorrow," Rass said, "as for the rest of the evening, we have to go over some things and dig up some dirt on what has become of our immigrant werewolf. There has only been one killing."

"Me." I said.

"Yes and there have been no other killings or sightings. We'll have to ask around and see what we can dig up on this beast."

"Hey, hey now!" Vincent said. "Beast is a little extreme. Besides, I'm one of those beasts as you so elegantly put it."

Razz made that "oops, sorry, I didn't mean it" face and said, "Sorry, Vincent."

"It's alright. I'll call some of my people to see if they know anything."

I began to stand up and go to the bathroom because I felt like my bladder was going to explode from all the stuff I had been drinking. I got to my feet and took only a few steps and fell to my knees with an immense pain in my stomach and ribs. It felt like the bones were breaking, the muscles were being stretched beyond their limit; my organs were being torn apart.

Razz called for Eddie and he came running in to see what the problem was.

"Get him downstairs and I vill see vat ees wrong vit him."

Magnus and Vincent carried me to the basement where they laid me on a cold metal slab of a table. I was in so much pain I couldn't really notice anyone else except Razz. She was looking at me with worry, like I was about to die on that cold slab.

"I'll be fine, Razz."

I had managed to squeeze out those words before Eddie stuck me with two needles. One was something he injected into me, probably a painkiller, the other took my blood. I wonder why he wanted to analyze my blood.

There must've been something else in that needle than just painkillers because I felt as high as a kite and I was getting very sleepy. Before I nodded off I had managed to give Razz a reassuring smile, more like a grin really, I was too tired to smile.

I woke up with my arms and legs strapped down a different table, a table with cloth and leather straps. The room wasn't the same as Eddie's basement either. I had been moved somewhere else.

"Razz," I didn't say it loud enough, "Razz!" That one was loud enough.

She came running down the stairs and asked what was wrong. She also kept her distance.

"Why am I strapped to this thing? Where am I? Where's Eddie?"

"Careful. The straps are for protection."

"What do I need protection for?"

She walked a little closer, cautiously. "They're for our protection. Eddie is analyzing your blood right now to see if he can help you."

I looked around the room really fast and made myself a little dizzy, "Help me with what?"

She moved even closer this time. I could move my arms just enough to touch her but I stayed still. "You…are dying, Steven."

My insides churned with disbelief but my mind knew she was telling the truth. It was like a dream or a scene from a movie. The "hero" is diagnosed with some incurable disease and dies at the end unless some super smart scientist comes up with a miracle cure which doesn't always happen. I wonder how the end of my movie will end.

"What's wrong with me, Razz?"

A distant voice called for Razz after I asked.

"I…I have to go for now. I'll be back later. It seems I couldn't save you. Even in death you are dying."

A tear ran down her face. She held back as hard as she could but one broke through and ran down her cheek and escaped onto the dirty floor.

After she left I gave myself one last look around the room, slowly. A few TV monitors with some high-tech equipment to run them. A couple small tool boxes scattered around the room with surgical tools stuffed into them. I looked at my straps and saw that they were covered in dried blood and some fresh blood. Mine? I hope not. It was humid and I could hear a pipe dripping. I pretty much guessed I was in a basement. Rats could be heard, but only a few, crawling on the old steel piping close to the ceiling. There were spots of the floor covered in dirt and a part with no dirt but a huge red spot with a drain in the middle and a trail leading to this thing I was tied to. On the wall were some pictures of vampires and werewolves with lines drawn on certain spots. Weak points, maybe?

I gave one last look down at my straps and saw the fresh blood again and noticed the smell of blood was in the air. It didn't even make me nauseated. It was actually a pleasant smell to me now. I didn't much like the humidity though. That's something you never get used to.

After my look around the room I sat there doing, what else, nothing. There isn't much you can do strapped to something so tight you can barely move. As I sat there listening to nothing I heard talking. It was faint but I could still make it out, at least most of it. I couldn't tell who was talking but I heard things like "He doesn't have much time" and "I'll see what I can do for him for now" and "I don't want him to die". That last one was Razz, no doubt about it. I didn't think she cared about me that much. What am I thinking? She made me a vampire just so I wouldn't die. Looks like that didn't turn out as well as she had hoped.

Razz came back in only seconds after I heard those few things holding some papers. She set them down on a metal table next to one of those tool boxes. I was hoping she wouldn't have to use any of those tools; at least not on me.

"I honestly didn't think you cared for me that much."

She looked up at me like I knew something I wasn't supposed to. "What?"

"I heard you and the others in that room over there just a minute ago. 'I don't want him to die.' Weren't those your words?"

"Yes, but…"

"But what?" I didn't know what she meant. They were talking rather loud.

"We were two rooms away from you. Those walls are thick and we had the door closed. It must be a side affect."

"Side affect of what?"

"You're dying."

"Yes I know that already! Just tell me what the hell is happening to me!"

I don't think I had ever yelled like this at Razz or anyone for that matter. I tried to calm myself down. It worked a little.

"You are both vampire and werewolf. They are struggling for superiority over your body and they are destroying your cells and each other. At the rate its going right now you will be dead in a few weeks."

More tears. Only this time she wasn't holding them in. Tear after tear ran down her face and I felt helpless to console her.

"Unstrap me."

She just stood there crying.

"Razz, please. I'm not dangerous."

My voice was calm, smooth, and best of all, comforting, at least to Razz.

She walked over with a face full of tears and let me down. As soon as my feet hit the floor I grabbed her and hugged her. I refused to let go. She rested her head on my shoulder and cried her eyes out.

"I don't want you to die again. I wouldn't be able to handle it." She cried out those words with some effort. All I could do was hold her tighter and tell her I wasn't going anywhere.

The others (Magnus and Vincent) came in and saw us and stood there for a few seconds before quietly leaving us by ourselves.

I gave Razz a gentle kiss on her forehead. She looked up at me with teary eyes and asked what it was for.

I gave her a soft smile, "It was so you will know that I am not going anywhere."

I leaned forward to give her another kiss on her forehead but she put one finger to my mouth and wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me on the lips. She sort of sucked on my lower lip before slipping her tongue into my mouth. I wrapped my arms around her and returned the favor. I nearly flew back, my lower back hitting a small table with one of those tool boxes on it. Razz swiped her hand and it fell to the floor with a crash as tools flew from the open tool box.

"You think anyone will come to see what that noise was?" O asked breathing hard.

"Not a chance." She bit my lower lip making it bleed a little and she sucked on it. A dab of red blood was sitting on her lips. I kissed her back, biting her lip as she did mine and the taste of blood was like an aphrodisiac. She lifted my dirty grey shirt off my body and threw it to the dirt covered floor and I took off her black shirt afterwards and cupped her breasts in my hands. One of her hands grabbed my crotch and she unbuttoned and unzipped my pants. I wasn't wearing a belt so they just fell to the floor and made a small thud from the knife I had in my pocket.

She took off her own pants, nearly skin tight jeans, as I undid her bra and threw it near my shirt. I turned us around and lifted her up onto the table and kicked my pants away as we spun around. Black bra and black panties is very sexy for a vampire if I may say so myself, and I do.

I licked one of her nipples as she leaned back and moaned. I kissed up her chest to her neck and squeezed her breasts. Her fingernails scratched along my back making red marks but not drawing blood. Deep breaths filled the room as we finished stripping ourselves of what little clothing we had left. She had the runway shave like most actresses in the movies do. Popular style I suppose.

She pulled he toward her and my penis rubbed up against her inner thigh.

"What are you waiting for?" she said, out of breath.

I playfully smiled and did what she wanted. A warm feeling came over my whole body as we motioned together. Her head arched back and she closed her eyes and screamed with pleasure. I, myself, moaned but tried to be quiet for some reason. Maybe I feared someone was watching us.

After a few minutes I didn't care who was watching. I was having the time of my afterlife since the day I died and lost everything, except Razz.

A minute or two went by before she playfully pushed me off and she went to her knees. Her teeth sank into my thigh, vampire foreplay I suppose. I smiled with pleasure as it went in her mouth and my head arched back and I closed my eyes. I grabbed the top of her head to give her a smooth movement and she went with it. Her black hair was silky as I ran my fingers through it and she lightly scraped her teeth along my penis.

She kissed her way back up to my neck where she bit and kissed the blood as it slowly ran out from the two bite holes. I kissed her where ever my mouth reached which was near her ear in her hair a little bit as she licked the blood from my neck. When she was done she kissed my lips and turned her head to her left so I could do the same. I bit down and did as she had done but for maybe 30 seconds longer. When I was done we still had some blood on our lips and kissed it away. More blood. Very sexy.

"Finished?" she asked.

I took a deep breath and told her yes.

"We need to go see Magnus and the others, so let's get dressed and meet then upstairs."

I nodded and started getting dressed. All I could do was smile at this entire situation. I remembered that when she first saw Magnus she melted into his eyes but she had never looked at me in any way to even hint that she wanted what just happened, but I was glad it did happen.

"That was fun." I still smiled as I said it. I couldn't help it. It made me happy. She was smiling just the same as me.

We kept straight faces as we walked up the stairs from the basement we were in. Magnus and Vincent greeted us at the door with Eddie behind them. He was messing with some electric equipment and a few tapes. There was an elaborately designed carpet on a large part of the wooden floor. A large black leather couch with a two-seater and a recliner, black leather also, sat in a circle around Eddie. There was a small coffee table between the two-seater and the large couch with a small wooden lamp on it, but it was off.

"Ah, finally. You kids come here, I haf somesink to show you bose."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home